September 27, 2017 CDI Meeting Summary
President’s Commission on Diversity & Inclusion
September 27, 2017
- Presentation on Communication – Pam Jackson
- Discussion on responding to bias incidents
- Diversity Symposium
2. Members Present
Cori Wong, Oscar Felix, Ria Vigil, Alexis Kanda-Olmstead, Jennifer Schneider, Pam Jackson, Jimena Sagas, Diana Prieto, Shannon Archibeque-Engle, Michael Jaramillo, Arlene Nededog, Lisa Pappas, Carmen Rivera, Melissa Burt, Maria Fernandez-Gimenez, Teresa McClure, Megan Skeehan, Kelly Long, Gilbert John, Roze Hentschell, Keely Mendicino, Kaye Holman, Tim Gallagher, Victoria Tubbs, Leslie Taylor, Ashley Stokes, Dan Bush, Mary Ontiveros
Substitutes: Tammy Liu for Linda Krier
3. Presentation on Communications Strategies and Goals– Pam Jackson
4. Discussion on responding to bias incidents
- Members had a discussion on recent bias incidents on campus. Mary Ontiveros and Diane Prieto shared on the process of responding that CSU is currently finalizing.
5. Attending Diversity Symposium sessions
- Ria Vigil – according to the “Initial proposal for official recommendations or statements process”, 10/2 is the deadline for providing feedbacks to the Inclusive Holiday Subcommittee recommendations.
- Diversity Plan Summit will be held on 10/27 from 9 am to 1 pm
- Future Agenda: Fall Forum Sharing