June 12, 2017 CDI Retreat Meeting Summary
President’s Commission on Diversity & Inclusion
June 12, 2017
View agenda here.
2. Members Present
Shannon Archibeque-Engle, Albert Bimper, Anita Bundy, Melissa Burt, Dan Bush, Martin Carcasson, Oscar Felix, Vanessa Hayward, Kaye Holman, Blanche Hughes, Pam Jackson, Bridgette Johnson, Linda Krier, Kelly Long, Keely Mendicino, Arlene Nededog, Mary Ontiveros, Lisa Pappas, Diana Prieto, Carmen Rivera, Jimena Sagas, Jennifer Schneider, Kathy Sisneros, Alicia Sprague, Leslie Taylor, Ria Vigil, Cori Wong.
Gretchen Delcambre for Gilbert John
3. Working Together Presentation by Kaye Holman and Cori Wong
Additional Information: Outsider Misses & Failures
4. Communication Session by Leslie Taylor
- Duties of Commissioners
- What at the Challenges you face?
- What could we be doing to help you communicate?
- What would you wish would be the best possible thing that could happen?
- Pam and Leslie will present a strategy with regards to communication in August after going through notes and suggestions given from the group.
5. Overview of new CDI website – Oscar Felix
Should be up and running before long.
6. Inclusive Holiday and Cultural Celebrations Subcommittee Update – Ria Vigil and Cori Wong
- There are lots of discussions regarding holidays and which ones are pertinent to CSU. They will be incorporating the event calendar system already in place.
- Will add verbiage from HR regarding certain holidays.
- Dates will be added to VPD website.
7. Multicultural Organizational Model Session – Shannon Archibeque-Engle & Ria Vigil