August 30, 2017 CDI Meeting Summary
President’s Commission on Diversity & Inclusion
August 30, 2017
- Inclusive Holiday Subcommittee Updates
- Man: Educate Yourself presentation
- Diversity Plan Subcommittee Update
- Bias Response Form
2. Members Present
Jannine Mohr, Cori Wong, Joe Tiner, Oscar Felix, Ria Vigil, Albert Bimper, Alexis Kanda-Olmstead, Jennifer Schneider, Pam Jackson, Jimena Sagas, Diana Prieto, Shannon Archibeque-Engle, Michael Jaramillo, Anita Bundy, Arlene Nededog, Lisa Pappas, Bridgette Johnson, Kathy Sisneros, Carmen Rivera, Melissa Burt, Maria Fernandez-Gimenez, Teresa McClure, Kevin Jablonski, Keely Mendicino, Megan Skeehan
Substitutes: Alexandra Bernasek for Roze Hentschell; Tammy Liu for Linda Krier
3. Presentation on Man: Educated Yourself (MEY)
4. Subcommittee Reports
- Inclusive Holiday Subcommittee Update: The recommendation will be reviewed and followed according to the initial proposal for official recommendations or statements from the commission.
- Diversity Plan Subcommittee Update: Damon Williams will have a session with CDI on 9/29 from 10:15 to 11:15 am.
5. Bias Responses Form
- Ria reported they will utilized “Tell Someone” system and build Bias Response Form on top of it to provide an outlet for people to submit bias responses. This will help CSU collect data and track information.
- Pam Jackson will present CDI Communication Plan in the next meeting
- Bridgette Johnson will share Intergroup Dialogue in the next meeting
- CDI website
- Diversity Symposium 9/25 to 9/29